Best of History Web Sites, created by , is an award-winning portal that contains annotated links to over 1200 history web sites as well as links to hundreds of quality K-12 history lesson plans, history teacher guides, history activities, history games, history quizzes, and more.
12bet手机版首页Best of History Web Sites has been recommended by The Chronicle of Higher Education, The National Council for the Social Studies, The New York Public Library, the BBC, Princeton University, — and many others.
Where to Start?
- See our Lesson Plans page for a curated list of sites offering quality resources ready for classroom use. Although there are many sites with good lesson plans, students are sure to enjoy the engaging ideas and primary sources offered by the and the , whose online offerings are generous.
- Check out Games and Animations for links to historical simulations, educational video games, high-quality animations, online quizzes, and more! Learn about medieval water supply with the game , or cook your way through the ancient world with
- Our Election 2020 page collects links to the polls, think tanks, and interactives you’ll need to help students make sense of the upcoming U.S. Presidential Election. Try PBS’s , a useful interactive that brings students through the electoral maps of every election in U.S. history, or peruse the New York Times’ list of .
- We’re proud to offer plenty of Medieval History links, including videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more. Explore during the plague, or listen to the story of a of her empire.
- Explore the American Revolution by taking a or learning how Hamilton fans will enjoy the which tells his life story through items and documents left behind by the West Indies immigrant himself.